Sunday, January 5, 2020

Parmesan Allergy: White Garlic Sauce Made Without Parmesan

Garlic Sauce Pasta
When I was younger, I often wondered why I would become nauseated when I would go into an Italian home when they were making sauces.  A good Italian sauce gives a home an ambiance of a welcoming home and fills the house with an aroma all it's own.  In my case though, I found that I was allergic to Parmesan and that is what caused my discomfort.  Here is a white sauce recipe for those you you who share my allergy.

Melt Butter


This recipe calls for melting a half cup of butter over a medium heat.

Add Cream Cheese & Garlic Powder


Add one 8 oz. package of cream cheese and 2 teaspoons of garlic powder and stir with a whisk until smooth.

Add milk


Slowly add 2 cups of milk and whisk to prevent forming lumps.

Add a dash of pepper to the mix and then remove from the heat to thicken.  The sauce will thicken quickly and if it becomes too thick you can add a drop or two more milk to thin it down.

Tortellini and Broccoli with Garlic Sauce

It is now ready to toss with your favorite pasta recipe.  I prefer tortellini and broccoli with my mock Alfredo Sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment