Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Asian Lily Explosion - Thank You, God

In 2012, I planted two Asian Lily plants in my walk up surround.  They were sparse but pretty.  Since I haven't had much luck with anything in this garden other than wildflowers, I wasn't hopeful that they would flourish any better than the other plants I have tried in that spot.

Wow! what a difference a year makes.  Early the next spring I found the plants flourishing and growing tall.  I never expected these lilies to be so profuse or to sprout such beautiful flowers. Early on this year they looked like tall stems with nothing on them. That is usual for all of the bulb plants I have planted in this location so I was resigned to just getting stems and no flowers.


Can you imagine my surprise and the wonderment when these small buds started to form.  As they grew, my awe grew right along with them and this is what I find greeting me every morning as I walk to my car.  This has  been a wondrous experience and one that I'm sure that God has his hand in.

My Madonna with her profusion of lilies
Thank you, God, for surrounding my Madonna with such a wonderful profusion of color.


My Madonna after her refreshed paint
Since then my Madonna was painted by a neighbor to reflect her beauty and the surrounding gardens are waiting for this year's profusion of flowers.

The following year I was astounded to find my Madonna gone.  I searched and posted online my disappointment in losing something that had no value other than sentimental.  I was rewarded by something that I never expected.  A neighbor came to my yard and put a new Madonna in place of the one that disappeared.  He restored my faith in my fellow man.  Now we will see if my lilies come up this year to make the transition perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment