Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Cheese Soup or Chowders

I saved these two recipes for a separate post because they are among my favorite soups when the weather is blustery.  We are experiencing a particularly colder snap so these would be so welcome to heat up those chilled bones.

Cauliflour Cheese Soup
The first one a blend of cheese and vegetables is a hearty soup.

If you visit Eat 'n Park for their broccoli soup, you will want to try your own since it takes so few ingredients and is so simple to make The Cauliflower Cheese Soup is the same recipe for the Broccoli Cheese Soup.  This recipe makes a wonderfully aromatic and filling soup.  A few Parmesan cheese croutons floating in the bowl give it a fuller flavor.  You can make these recipe with fresh produce or you can start with frozen cauliflower or broccoli.  It makes no difference to the taste.


The second one can be used for many other flavors and varieties of chowders.
Shrimp Bisque

This Shrimp Chowder which I really enjoy even though I have to be careful not to exceed my cholesterol level.  This creamy concoction is a tasty blend of cubed potatoes and salad shrimp in a creamy base.   I've made this several times and I really enjoy it by itself.  The potato/shrimp blend is just enough to satisfy any soup lover.  Of course you can make it without the shrimp and just add a few more potatoes to have a creamy potato soup.

Corn Chowder


And we can't forget the farm favorite, Corn Chowder.  I make this one using the Shrimp Chowder recipe and substituting corn nibblets instead of the shrimp.  You can cheat and add a can of cream style corn, but I prefer the nibblets.



That's all for chowder style soups for today.  Happy eating.


No comments:

Post a Comment