Saturday, September 29, 2018

Where is the best Fall Foliage?

In my lifetime I have seen some of the most gorgeous displays of Fall foliage that I think is available to man.  But, I'm prejudiced.  I live in Pennsylvania and I love the Pennsylvania hillsides as they turn their beautiful shades of yellows, oranges, reds and browns.  It takes the whole spectrum to make the best display of Fall foliage.



When I was a child we had a scarlet maple tree in front of our house.  Around the end of September it would turn the most beautiful shades of yellow, orange and red leaves.  It was a particularly full and well-shaped tree and people would come from miles around to take pictures of it each Fall.



Traveling the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania to Fall Conventions, I have seen some really pretty displays in the middle of October along Interstate 80 as I traveled East. 


I'm sure the residents of the North Eastern Seaboard would tend to argue with me that their trees are prettier and I've seen some beautiful displays that have been filmed in movies and TV series.  I will admit that the opening scenes in the Bob Newhart Show were absolutely brilliant.


But, I'm a Pennsylvania girl and I would put our hills and dales up against any other state's treasure trove of colors for the best any time.

So if you agree or don't you can let us know in your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment