Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Pretzel Kisses for fun party treats!

I saw these on Pinterest and saved the link so that I could make them at a later date.  Like they say, "Out of sight, out of mind."  I forgot all about them for two years.

Christmas two years ago, I was reviewing old pins and found these again.  They were originally made on the mini-pretzels with milk chocolate kisses and garnished with M&Ms.  They tasted good and the children lapped them up and took some home with them.
This was my second attempt they were better
My second try was a bit better.  I decided to try them my way and made them with the waffle pretzels instead.  I was able to line an entire cookie sheet that had been lined with parchment paper.  I decided on the white and chocolate swirled candy kisses instead of plain chocolate.  I only purchased red and green M&Ms to get the Christmas feel.

RECIPE
Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.  Line the pan with your pretzels.  Top the pretzels with Kisses.  (I'm sure you could use any other type of chocolate squares.)  Put in the oven for about 5 minutes.

When you take out the pan, immediately push an M&M into the center of the Kiss or chocolate piece.

Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 5 minutes to set the chocolate.  These were a real hit at our family Christmas party.

Spring Flower Pretzels
In the spring you can make flower pretzels using pastel M&Ms.  I have seen shamrock candies using 3 green M&Ms for St. Patrick's Day.  They make nice treats for Easter.  These don't take a lot of time and are great to take to conventions and tournament parties.

Turtle Pretzels
For those people who like turtle candy use rolo candy and pecans to make Turtle Candies on the pretzels.  This fun for the office party when you want to wow your coworkers.

Mini Kisses on pretzels
or you can use mini kisses to make another variation.

Whatever variation you make -- Happy party baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment